Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MR2 TDI Build Thread!

Yey! I got more done today :) :) :)

Got the MR2 motor out. I've said it before and will no doubt say it many more times... I love working on Toyotas.

Another bit of good news is that I found the TDI engine is 3 inches shorter than the MR2 engine so there's plenty of room :)

Having had a good look at the two, I think I've now got a design in my head for how to make the toyota engine mounts fit the TDI engine.

More to come.

How have I not found this thread before :D It'll be very interesting to see how this pans out, kudos on you for giving it a crack.
    Some years back I came this close to talking someone into building a 300bhp turbodiesel for a 300bhp-limited race series. It'd have been murderous. So watching with interest
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

How about we move this into an appropriate build section? It's gone way past an introduction! Possibly rename the thread too?

Any objections?

Let me know and I will sort it.

Chris.

That would be great thanks Chris :)

Moved to the SW20 Tech area (would you believe we don't have a diesel section?) and renamed "MR2 TDI Build Thread!"

:)

Chris.

Cool thread carry on watching with a lot of interest, I was thinking a mk3 with d4d diesel would make an interesting project seeing as how cheep mk3 are becoming.

Like it. Very different and if you can reach around 180bhp that's gonna have a nice bit of poke too. :-)

And keep those pics coming. :-)

Blimey - look at the difference in thickness on those driveshafts! How's the overall track looking? and what plans for the CV's/Hubs? Graft a VW strut in there or something more cunning?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Loving the plan in action here. But personally I would have gone down the toyota diesel engine route.. rather than a vw even though the 1.9tdi is world renowned. .

Thanks all :) :)

Yeah I perhaps should have explored the Toyota route, its bought now though.

Re. the drive shafts, I'm just going to have a set made up with toyota on one end and VW on the other, I'll take care to get my measurements right first though :)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast