Hi everybody.

I’ve done 55000 trouble free miles in the car now. And it seems the time has come for another project. I would like to go electric next, short range but serious acceleration for a nice little commute to work car. The MR2 is an ideal candidate......

However to start this project on my MR2 would mean undoing all of the work I have done turning into this quite unique Toyota/VAG MR2 TDI. As much as I’d love to keep it and add it to the museum of my projects I don’t have the room of time to keep another car. So my options are sell it or convert it to electric.

I’m writing on here to see if there is anyone interested in buying my White MR2 TDI. It will come with a fresh MOT, a full service including cambelt and water pump (stuff I won’t be doing if it is to become electric) and the knowledge that it’s done 55000 reliable miles in its current form.

It is a very well sorted car, I have relied on it as my only insured car for a few years, it’s been very reliable, fun and easy to live with much like an OEM car (Toyota should have made one). I should probably mention at this point that the smoke issue (in my last post) was due to my home made fuel. Anyone interested in the car will be able to see that it doesn’t smoke at all on pump diesel.

Rot free examples of these car’s are beginning to go up in value and the bodywork is in excellent, rust free condition! It’s a good example of early mk2, with a solid VAG TDI engine, it will be fully serviced, ready to be driven or tuned. It has featured in Practical Performance Car magazine and will come with a copy of that issue. I am looking for offers in the region of £3000. I am in a position to wait and see, and will simply start the electric conversion next year if there is no interest. If you are interested you’re welcome to come and view the car, we can go for a drive as it’s insured and taxed for another month or so. If someone wants to secure the car, I will need a non refundable deposit to cover the expense of the service work that I will carry out.

At this point I’m just looking to see if there is any interest. Thanks folks :)