Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AussieMR2's TRD Supercharged 2GR-FE build begins

AussieMR2's TRD Supercharged 2GR-FE build begins

As some may remember I did a 3vzfe swap a couple of years ago and the car has driven fantastic, I just wanted more and always felt a supercharger would make it perfect

I bought a Scion unit from the US waiting for an install kit that unfortunately did not get developed, so I waited and looked around for a used TRD 1mzfe unit. One came up for sale here couple of months ago and I purchased it thinking that would be the end if my desire to supercharger the 3vz.

As luck would have it 2 weeks after my charger arrived from the UK a complete TRD Aurion 2grfe went up for sale on Ebay australia and that little voice in my head said I had to get it as everyone knows how bloody rare they are

So roll forward to today I now have this sitting it my garage

There will be a few hurdles to overcome I am sure. But Goukys new supercharger mount should cover a few of them

Just need to sell my other 2 chargers to put some funds back into the kitty to buy the other bits I need for this to work

I don't like text speak but OMFG

Certainly sounds like you have a plan and I totally agree you couldn't have refused the 2GR bundle. I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in the other SCs when you want to sell them.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Nice to see a fellow Australian heading the charge of MR2 swaps.

Can't wait to see the build these develop

Quote Originally Posted by Whore of Babylon View Post
    Nice to see a fellow Australian heading the charge of MR2 swaps.

Can't wait to see the build these develop

Yea I know it was in a Mk3 but how the hell did we let the Brits fit a TRD Aurion motor before us :)

my excuse is not much $$$ after buying a house :P now everything is like it was when i was 17. im scraping together 2nd hand parts to do a V6 3VZ swap in my AW11

I talked about this supercharged 2GR all day at work. You've got a really cool thing going here.

Goukys mount fitted today

Removed the water pump as the weep hole has a lot of residue around it
    The motor has done 68,000km but has sat for 2 years, I think it's best to replace the pump now while it's easy

I will order the all metal supercharger vvti pipe tomorrow

Good to see another V6 MR2 in Australia.

Are you going to pull the motor down, clean it then assemble?

Did you buy Gouky's conversion kit? Headers etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic lamp View Post
    Good to see another V6 MR2 in Australia.

Are you going to pull the motor down, clean it then assemble?

Did you buy Gouky's conversion kit? Headers etc?
    I won't do a full rebuild with this one, the last one took too much out of me, I will just replace all the usual service stuff and give it a clean and paint

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast