Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ohms 1.5 running

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    no probs robert,as ohms will tell you i dont rest until every last niggle has been ironed out even after collection.

Now re the knock sensors,they are a known weal point on the 3s-gte,ive replaced a few for the odd mk2 owner,theres two on the v6 so im hoping they are made of the same stuff,knowing toyota, probably are!

The sensor is £110 from the dealer but the twosrus one which is supposed to be tougher comes with an adapter and pigtail of wiring for £70 delivered.

I wouldnt go out of my way to replace this before the swap,it generally only fails if you have overboosted violently but even then its rare,saying that they have been known to shatter going over speed bumps too!

A bit of a design fault by toyota,they occassionally do have them it seems.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Oh right!! I guess there's no way of telling if one's on the 'way out' is there...
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Made it home safely and despite the knock sensor deciding to give up the ghost the car is an absolute dream. Pauls attention to detail is qute simply mind boggling!:icon_razz You would never guess that the 3SGTE wasn't a factory option!

Gear selection is perfect, clutch is light and progressive, all the gauges work just as they did with the 4age and in my opinion the car feels more planted and less wieldy than it did with the original engine, and all this on original suspension components!

But the most impressive thing for me was the monumental power...I enjoyed 100 miles before the knock sensor gave up and the run at 17psi was for want of a better word scary! The kick in the back when this thing comes on boost is unreal. 70 to 110 dispatched in seconds...Supercar performance is finally here.

As soon as we've got the new knock sensor fitted it'll be back to testing...The aim to sort out the overboosting and gettin to the bottom of why the FCD wasn't cutting in.

On the whole very pleased, there's got to be a few teething troubles with such a massive conversion and all of these problems are things you'd expect with any mk2 turbo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123