Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ohms 1.5 running

paul insisted that he had a box on the front page..i refused so he hacked the forum and did it anyway..i then hacked his paypal account and get 2.5 lire for every swap he does via TB business..as for the advertising on putfile, i wouldnt like to say...
    just kidding of course..we fought for a very long time over my wish to return his generosity some-how. we agreed to do nothing so i put that box on the front page anyway..much to pauls dismay..! so he donates a sum into TB funds for each swap he does..in all seriousness without our little oyrish friend TB would struggle a lot more than it does...
    sorry..

back on topic now..!

i can imagine he was smiling and giggling like a little girly that had been possesed all the way home in that 1.5..though he MUST get the brakes done..i drove mine for a while on stock brakes and its a very bad idea..!
    Last edited by nik; 19-02-2006 at 15:28.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    well mr ohms made it home to wales,he did have an overboost situation halfway down and ecu light has come on....i think i havent set the grainger up properly,sounds like it boost spiked past 17psi.But i did fit the fcd so that it would fuel cut at the normal 12psi....but for some reason it didnt stop the overboost.

Just about to dive into the fault codes and see if a simple ecu reset will sort the problem....just shows i can do as much testing as i like after a swap but nothing beats a good 250mile shakedown run.

Codes are 34 and 52 ,basically it looks like the fcd didnt do its job properly and i think the turbo spiked....code 34 is overboost and 52 is knock sensor so bryn has reset the ecu and only 52 remains,so it looks like the overboost has taken out the knock sensor,bloody made of glass them things!

Does anyone know about the uprated chevy ones you can get? failing that has anyone got a spare kicking about so we can get bryn sorted out asap.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    ...failing that has anyone got a spare kicking about so we can get bryn sorted out asap.
    Don't have a spare but do have a rev 1 engine sitting in the garage that aint due to be fired up any time soon so could nab the sensor off that and forward to Ohms if that'd help out?

NOTE:- This would be on pain of being hunted down and killed should a replacement not be forthcoming within a sensible timeframe :nunu: :nunu: :icon_razz

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

very kind of you sir but taking non spare parts is just not cricket! we are looking into getting him a GM heavy duty replacement from twosrus.co.uk as apparently the stock toyota one is a glass slipper....your offer is most generous though.

If these sensors are going to be a constant problem i might have to look into cheap replacements for us.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Fair do's. If things don't work out as planed then the offer still stands. (Though it might expire with no notice given if I ever get my engine in.)

Didn't realise that both my metal merchants are closed on Saturdays so no chance to sort the jig yet :eusa_wall I'll need to talk to you about the positioning of the drivers side mount as the P.O. did a propper job on it's position, but we can talk about that during the week.

Cheers all,

Owen.

no probs owen,i'll give you measurements if need be mate.

Sorry - which Stock Toyota bit is like a glass slipper... is this something that should be chaged during the swap for safety - or is it just something that should be done when it breaks?
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Hey cool signature Bob! (Bit like Nik's minamilist email!)

As far as I'm aware this is not a requirement but it would seem that they do sometimes fail. (Given what Paul says and that two's'r'us have gone to the trouble of having an adaptor made so we can fit a non toyota part.) I'd say it's one of those things that some will do for the sake of completness, such as when the engine's out why not change the cam belt now rather than later... Will wait to see what Paul says as I know sod all about the 3sgte.

Cheers,

Owen.

:eusa_clap Good stuff!!!

I'm so looking forward to the day I drop my car off at yours now paul!!!!

Which may end up being quite soon as the diff on mine has a nice inch long hole in it which I believe is not a good sign and its making a hell of a racket!!!

So hopefuly bank manager permitting and the engine gods smiling on me I should have mine to you soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast