Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over fuelling issue with mk1 V6

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    congratulations at least it's resolved and not become another fallen by the way side or left in a shed to rot
    Completely agree Chris :thumbsup:

Good to see it sorted Donna.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Hi Guys
    Guess what? It worked with new fuel pump for 5 minutes but cut off again and its getting a spark and the fuel pump has been tested and working fine. Could the temperature sensor stop it from firing over? Any ideas folks as back to square one?
    Cheers
    Donna

Fuel pump continues to run? Or is something knocking the fuel pump relay out?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

a failed temp sensor would make it run rich I doubt it'd stop it starting. they can be tested with a multimeter. back to the start what is the exact problem? turns over but fails to start? also how many times has it been started left running a few minutes then stopped and the same repeated? it's possible it's flooded

Back to basics.

If you hard wire the fuel pump to be always on, does it run then?

If you remove the fuel return and stick it in a fuel can, with the pump hard wired does it continue to pump fuel?

c.

Pending
    Hi Everyone I had a similar problem when I first try to start my v6 it wood run for 5min and then stop leave it cool down and it would start again so i phone God And told me it was Earth strapped connecting in the wrong place , done the fix and it run ok ever since. The reason it run for only five minutes was the temperature sensor when it got hot there was no
    Earth so check the earth on top of the engine.???? I hope this helps

Derek.

Is this still for sale? I'm interested but seem unable to contact the seller!!
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by a6905608 View Post
    Is this still for sale? I'm interested but seem unable to contact the seller!!
    Simon
    current owner is donna.c

sorry chris, nuked your posts by mistake! i was trying to copy all of the other posts into this thread to keep them all in one place.

Donna, real sorry to hear you haven't it fixed yet, the last mechanic didnt sound very good.
    you should call pall direct @ woodsport.org , telephone. if your having trouble private messaging.

let me know what the part is that failed and i will pay the costs. Adam
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Hi Adam, wouldn't dream of having you pay for the repairs but if you get a chance to speak to Paul please ask him if I can still bring the car down,

Thanks Donna

Hes down with manflu at the moment Donna, probably why your getting no response.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast