Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Over fuelling issue with mk1 V6

Hi - That would be a great help. The car is at my cousins yard and I have just come back from it as we had been reading the massive book and expert technical notes Adam had left and it has shown us how to test the Volume Air Flow Meter and we tested it with an ohmmeter and it looks like it is faulty as two of the four tests proved this. Fully Closed and partially open it was working then at a different setting fully open and fully closed was not working so we are going to try another AFM if we can manage to get one and we think it could be this that is causing the over fuelling issue. The first test with the V5 and E1 terminal shows 1 which is normal when fully closed and the next test partially open is V5 and E2 which is the 2nd last pin to the right end and E2 is the third pin from left to right and that was normal but V5 and E2 fully closed and fully open were faulty as the last one had a 0 resistance reading when it should read 20 to 1200. We reckon this is our over fuelling so it is worth testing another AFM on it. Does anyone have an AFM I could try and buy? Cheers

again you can borrow mine to test but finding another will be fun, don't think there's any spare in the club as there a bit rare and tend to stay with the engines

coil, ecu and afm being collected tomorrow should arrive Monday

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    coil, ecu and afm being collected tomorrow should arrive Monday
    That's fantastic, thanks to Chris and everyone on the thread who has helped so far,

Many beers due to TB at jae :)

any luck with this donna?

x 2 :icon_smile:

Hi Chris,

Once again that's for the loan of the parts, I know you spoke to Steve last night and we will arrange for the bits to be sent back to you this weekend if you need them asap,

Im not sure what the progress has been tbh, its now at a garage and I think a car sparky is going to have a look at it, not sure whats been tried since last time and both of us have been flat out with work so its been forgotten about :(

Ian, I can assure you as soon as I know whats happening I will let you know,

Thanks for you help and patience guys,

Cheers

Donna

Hi Folks
    Finally got to the route of the problem with two mechanics and an auto spary man treble checking the A-Z and its the fuel pump!!! I have a silly question, is it a Camry fuel pump or an MR2 fuel pump in the V6 conversion as away to order one tomorrow. I am annoyed at the time its taken as the AA man advised me it was a fuel pump issue away back weeks ago and the first mechanic said it wasnt but I now know it is. I have been amazed with all the support from everyone on the site and a special thanks to Chris as I will now be sending the parts back as I should have the car back running on Wednesday. A special thnaks to Paul Woods and the previous owner Adam who have been great with me. It is a great club and you should all be proud to be part of it. Many thanks Donna and Steve

Good news.

Depends what Adam fitted, but i imagine he upgraded it from the stock Mk1 one.

I've got Mk2 and Camry ones here if you need.

c.

it was an mr2 turbo pump, 2nd hand.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast