Hi guys,

Looking for advice with my mk1 v6, the other day when starting the car I thought the car had a louder higher revving tic over than normal, once I set off it seemed to run fine.
I used it to go to work the next day and it cut out under 2k revs and wouldn't restart.
Left it for 10mins and it started again but after a couple of miles it cut out and wouldn't start.

Got recovered by the AA, who checked the fuel pump and spark, they initially thought it was the fuel pump however there is fuel coming through.

One of the ht leads was broken (possibly AA man) so bought new leads yesterday and the plugs were black with petrol so replaced them too.

Started it up and it's a hesitant start and after 2k revs the exhuast has black smoke and a fuel smell.

I turned the car off and tried to restart and the car would not turn over again, left for 20 mins and it fires up again but with the same symptoms.

Any ideas what to check next?

Don't think the car wants to leave me, I've had no issues in the year I've had it and then the night before it's being sold it does this :)

Thanks guys

Donna