Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking at my options

looking at my options

Is there any where in the uk that sells parts to do a swap in a mk3 mr2. Iv a funny feeling the engine is on its way out and im looking at my options. If i desided to change the engine. Biggest problem i think would be engine mounts
    I would love a v6 just for the noise. Or perhaps a turbo.
    Basicly a kit with the mechanical parts would be handy and prices.
    Looking at options

Hello and welcome.

There's a Mk1 with a 3sgte for sale on here, you will still need to sort mounts, but it's an ideal donor car.

I'm pretty sure someone could fab the mounts for you, Prob worth having a chat with the Paul Woods......

Last edited by cdwood2010; 10-08-2014 at 19:22.

There's the 2zz option as well

in the words of guy martin 'go big or go home', a 1mz camry v6 donor will will set you back around £800 budget another £1k if this is your first time at this sort of gig and you can't weld. everything's available here including those that will help with the spanners/wiring for you and tool lending if you struggle. id be looking 1mz v6 minimum or 3sgte if boosts your thing

chris

So where would you get the parts. I dont fancy geting them from the states due to the costs of shipping and no dout geting stung by taxes. I have done a engine swap before but that made a 2zz swap look hard. My biggest bug would be driveshafts and engine mounts for any swap. A 1mz does sound good but does the ecu know its not using a auto box anymore. My location does make things a bit harder.

The auto ecu is given a 5v feed to fool it into thinking its constantly in gear and then it works fine with the manual gearbox..
    Only if your doing a 2gr swap. That you need bits from the states .. 3vz or 1mz or 3sgte or 2zz all parts can be made or bought in the uk..

As for driveshafts.. we tend to use mk2 drive shafts for most
    Best thing to do is read the build posts .. All the information you need ia in the build posts. Step by step..
    Last edited by mrT; 08-08-2014 at 09:25.

Quote Originally Posted by snailspeed View Post
    So where would you get the parts. I dont fancy geting them from the states due to the costs of shipping and no dout geting stung by taxes. I have done a engine swap before but that made a 2zz swap look hard. My biggest bug would be driveshafts and engine mounts for any swap. A 1mz does sound good but does the ecu know its not using a auto box anymore. My location does make things a bit harder.
    Think you need to spend a few hours reading about the 1MZ/3VZ swops on here, as any questions you have will have already been asked, answered and asked again several times.

Welcome to the nuthouse and take a look/listen for some choice MR2 V6 sound tracks on the you-tube for inspiration, you will be eye-balling used Camrys on ebay/autotrader within the hour I'd wager!!!!
    We ALL make mistakes....

2zz swap is the easiest option and if you read up on it fully before starting it isn't that hard

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That Dark Lord shit is getting a bit old now.... my name is Paul.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Off Topic: Line up here to hurl abuse at mardy pants...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast