Thread: fuel pump wiring routing

fuel pump wiring routing

im sorting out a bit of wiring on my v6 conversion and need a hand. the shells a rev2 turbo and ive had to bridge the two blue/black wires at the fuel pump resistor plug, ive decided to use the 2 wires for one of my immobiliser circuits now i don't want to link them to the alarm in the engine bay so need to know where they route, ive found one of them where it enters the cabin but i need to know the routing of the one that goes to the fuel pump as it doesn't appear to go back into the cabin, both wires enter the body loom just below the fuse box in the engine bay but does anyone know what route the blue/black wire takes to the fuel pump harness?

cheers
    chris

Wouldn't one of them be an ign live from the front fuse box? I use a tone tester to trace wires through the car, only a few pounds but really handy.

Although thinking about it if it runs from the resistor to the pump, doesn't it connect under the gear stick?

C.

I use the continuity tester on my multimeter for confirming the wires that's not an issue but it's no use at all when I don't know where the wire goes inside the black casings and I don't really want to cut it all open to find a single wire