Thread: Space shuttle resurrection

Space shuttle resurrection

Well I bought the space shuttle shell which was toffers then hudsters and is now in my grubby mits, she needs welding in one bit not much but will need to get my gas refilled first.

Will post picks as she is now(when time and on PC) she came with out an engine gearbox and other bits and bats missing bought phaetons 3sgte engine and parts collection last week so going to weld her up throw in the turbo engine wire it up plumb it in and modify the bits that came with to get the whole shebang back on 4 wheels mot and running, don't think she's going to be ready for jae but you never know may let ann drive it down if it's ready.

Then either sell it once it's all working or modify it as a drag car.

I'm still keeping the 2gr mk1 as there's work upgrading and swopping into a better shell big plans in the future for this car, just want an every day mk1 I can abuse with a wooptish and the sc 2gr for the sc growl best of both worlds really.

Pics of bits to come plus need to clean the garage out first and sell some stuff as well to fund this project.

Oh have to watch this one :-)

Got me interested now Mike. Plenty of pics needed:thumbsup:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

We have lift off! hats of to you Mike another mk 1.5

I couldn't bring my self to just strip the bits off and not get a turbo engine back in it first nik, always liked the 1.5 cars and a change as they say is as good as a rest.

So expect questions along the lines of were does this go and what's this for in the future.

Just need bolts and to get the. Front and rear mounts sorted, just need the nuts for the timing side mount and the bolts for the gearbox mount plus exhaust nuts and an exhaust stud to start with.

Mean looking car! Good luck with the build Mike! A cool name for the car too! :)