Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chargecooler brainfarts

I daren't look!

So... Best place to mount it? Worth running solid lines if it's to the front?

Infront of the existing rad flexible pipe all the way to the back or hard lines in the middle with flex pipe to either end, takes the vibes out I would buy a good marine high flow pump.
    I was looking at this new stuff that replaces water in engine cooling systems so there's no need to add antifreeze, expensive stuff but race teams say they get 2 to 3 bhp.was wondering if there's a performance improvement in a cooler

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I was looking at this new stuff that replaces water in engine cooling systems so there's no need to add antifreeze, expensive stuff but race teams say they get 2 to 3 bhp.was wondering if there's a performance improvement in a cooler
    Hmmm - brand name? These're generally known as "water wetters" and work by reducing the surface tension of water, improving coolant flow & contact with radiators etc. They offer no antifreeze protection whatsoever so shouldn't be used alone in a vehicle that's used during cold weather. You've likely got a range of materials that'll do the same job lying around your kitchen and / or bathroom.

I have used water wetters in the main cooling loop of a car as well as in the liquid cooling loops on computers. Dropped temperatures in both of those applications so no reason that it wouldn't improve the heat transfer ability of the chargecooler. Just don't go out and spent huge amounts of cash on something that'll freeze at 0c.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Chargecooler brainfarts

This wasn't anything to do with adding it to water it was a complete liquid that you pour in instead of water it had no water in it a water substitute, will look for the name of it tonight.
    All I can remember was they used it for race engines and was bright green, plus cost a fortune.
    Just had a quick google think it was this stuff http://www.evanscoolant.co.uk
    Last edited by snowtigger; 22-05-2014 at 18:26.

Hrmm, that old chestnut. It's a mix of ethylene and propylene glycol with a corrosion inhibitor added, virtually undiluted antifreeze. And it's flammable (which is why you won't see it used much in competition in the UK).
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

I think it was called wetter water as a brand name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    thought the usual suspect was a fiat cinqucento rad?
    its what i used and does a great job..no need for any bigger in my opinion. i ran flexi front to back but do have some solid pipes to fit one day just to go all out as metal obviously will conduct heat out of the coolant a million times better than rubber hose though even after a through town run the CC is always cool to the touch anyway.

Any piccies of the rad mounted

Alan...

both my rads were moved from stock location to lay almost horizontal so not a great deal of use to you. i would just stick it in front of the main rad, plenty of room there no?

Guys,

Cinc rad bought, but I'm still out if the country so I measure it up for lines. Can someone tell me:

Stock chargecooler pump inlet and outlet diameter
    Fiat rad inlet and outlet diameter?

eBay beckons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast