Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: swapping Mk2 Rev 1 for Rev 3 rear suspension?

Glad to hear I was on the right track Brian.

I think with extra wide spacers and offset on yours, it's imperative that the handling set up is given full attention and this is a good start.

If you do change your current RCAs then drop me a PM, I may be interested.:thumbsup:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Its been a while, but it appears I've sorted the mystery of the twitchy back-end.

Replaced the Rear tie rod hub end inner bearing bushes (the ones where the old ones need to be pressed out ,and have a metal sleeve) with a new pair from MR2 Ben, £95 the pair, came with galvanized bolts. I wasn't happy with the slack between the bolts and the inner bush sleeves, so had Hassets Precision engineering near me, make a set of high grade stainless bolts, with finer pitch and no slack. Simply lovely M-way cruising now, 120mph no problem, and it kept accelerating, wonderful stuff (won't say where I did this, but managed to stay in treble figure mph for a good 25 mins, not much on the motorway), no sweaty moments

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234