thread: Power Steering pump always running ?

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Sorry if we turned this into a big scary inquisition, it certainly wasn't intended to make it sound like there was some issue here.

I'm just I bit intrigued if anything.

A lot of PS systems stiffen up the steering for motorway driving etc to make a vehicle more stable at high speed, but still drivable for women and Tiggs to parallel park it.

That's where my head was going.

:)

C.

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    This is a 2gr side effect, with the stock 3s-ge/gte ECU there is a feedback wire that runs from the ECU to the PS ECU, which will shut it down at certain times.
    What about the 3vz/1mz cars - does that ecu have the feedback pin ?

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    Bet she's stronger than you hahahaha lol.
    There's something to be said about seeing a cute girl driving an mr2 which makes a v6 noise.
    She gets funny looks in car parks off blokes as a result.

Sep 2007
    stockport
    I was in Toyota helping my mum buy a rav 4 she wanted an auto the salesman said and I quote "there's a bit of power with this engine in the rav just to let you know about the kick down" my mum looked at me then at the salesman she went "oh is there let's see if the poor feeble granny can drive it then" the car before my mum bought the rav was a ford Granada Scorpio cosworth police tuned car, let's say he was a bit shocked after my mums test drive she maybe 70 but drives like a rally driver.

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    My mum is getting really scary, similar vintage.
    Accelerates normally (i.e not WOT) but hardly ever uses the brakes.
    She goes through a fair amount of fronts when swinging into turnings and scrubbing in the turn.

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    None of the V6 engines have PS feedback pins.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sep 2013
    Essex
    Hi all
    Just done a search of the forum and come across this thread.
    I am experiencing what can only be described as the power steering doesn't seem to be switching off at speed.
    Is this likely to be the relay?
    Is there a quick way I can check if it's stuck on\off or what would cause it to stay on?
    Engine is 1mz non vvti.
    Thanks

Oct 2011
    Texas
    Hi all
    Just done a search of the forum and come across this thread.
    I am experiencing what can only be described as the power steering doesn't seem to be switching off at speed.
    Is this likely to be the relay?
    Is there a quick way I can check if it's stuck on\off or what would cause it to stay on?
    Engine is 1mz non vvti.
    Thanks
    I'd look at the post above yours and also post# 9

•