Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seats

Thanks Alan, thought I'd heard it somewhere but it's quite possible I just made it up to feel wanted :icon_wink:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

If the seat can move it has to work as it should ie lock in a forward and back , position. If the seat has no runners ie bolted to the floor pass . :-)

It does mean that anyone that isnt a 6ft lanky twat won't be able to drive without a booster seat.

:)

Haven't forgot about the comparison measurements for this it's on this weekends to do list

chris

right grabbed 5 minutes to take some measurements, whilst the rail and oem sizes are fixed the base measurements will obviously differ between aftermarket seats but i can't imagine there's huge variations

my diy rail

a stock rail the seat back is missing but should have no effect on things.

measurement no. 1 is the height of the rail from the ground to the bottom front edge of the seat base

oem 100mm cobra 75mm

measurement no. 2 is the height of the rail from the ground to the bottom rear edge of the seat base

oem 70mm cobra 50mm

measurement no. 3 is the thickness of the base at the front of the seat

oem 135mm cobra 135mm

the rear base height is too difficult to measure due to there design without chopping the bases up but with them sat side by side on flat ground they appear exactly the same height.

so given that info using my diy rail and aftermarket seat i should be sat 25mm lower than oem at the front of the seat and 20mm lower at the rear of the seat due to cutting all the side mount stuff off that mounts the stock seat ill post back once ive got it fitted as to whether it feels lower, being a short arse at 5ft10 i may put some spacers in to take the seat back to stock height

and no thread would be complete without some picture whoring of the seats im fitting

if anyone needs anymore measurements shout up

chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12