Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seats

Seats

So I'm looking for some new seats and it would seem I have 2 options.

Buy a scraggy pair and pay to have them recovered or buy something from another car S2000 etc and fit those.

Did I say three options :icon_biggrin: buy aftermarket ones, which I don't generally like.

Any one ever fitted anything other than Mk2 seats in a mk2 and how difficult is it to alter brackets etc ?
    If it's not broken, let me have a go !!

Hi mate. I might be selling these, light as f**k 5.5 kgs each. Come with custom mr2 runners.

stock rails are easy to adapt,

you just need to then drill holes in the new cross bars to match your seat pattern, i made those to fit a seat of cobra's to my 2 but there still in the loft awaiting me finishing the car

chris

Do these custom rails sit the seat at the same height Chris, I only ask as some aftermarket seats are a centimetre or two higher and it can be a bit of an issue.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

ill double check for you at the weekend john it's been awhile since i did anything with the seats in the car but the rails are closer to the floor than the stock rails by at least 5mm due to all the bits cut off the rails

chris

Can you make a stock seat lower.

I'm a mahoosive bitch.

:)

U can make a stock seat lower chris.. but it means u will lose the slider mechanism. .
    Remove the whole lot like I did and fit some metal brackets and bolt seat direct to floor..

Not 100% sure Chris but I think that may be required for an MOT.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    Not 100% sure Chris but I think that may be required for an MOT.
    Nope, they just have to be secure, nothing about being able to be moved, my buggy has Elise seats bolted straight through the floor.

Alan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast