Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1MZ-FE Build - Project Insomnia (AKA Pat Never Sleeps)

Interesting mods to do away with the stock intake rubber, have you ran a 3vz with the same setup before?

Don't think so, although we've usually done them slightly different ways each time. On a plus, the silicone reducer is double braided so when clamped its strong enough to hold the weight of the afm, although I will put a bracket in to support it too just to save the strain. To be honest, it was inspired by another thread I read somewhere so I cant take the credit for it as not my idea.

This should help the airflow though comparatively compared to the stock one. Not sure if its in my head, or a result of head work, etc, but it does sound to be breathing much better than past ones too. Cant wait to get it on the road to test it.

Another mod that I decided to do was adding in an FPR. Although not needed on a 3VZ it does mean I can control fuel pressure fairly accurately. The main fuel feed runs to a T piece then feeds both the inlet and fuel return from the fuel rail. The FPR that is fitted is just a standard 2 way which I like as less fuel hoses running round and works quite neatly imho.

All the fuel hoses are 8mm rubber with SS braiding, and used 3mm SS braided for the vacuum hoses. Ends have been heatshrinked then fuel clips to get the best seal possible and keep them looking tidy. Overall, fairly pleased with how its looking. :-)

And the 80mm-70mm reducer was from ebay, cost about a tenner I think. My only criticism is that where it steps down a size inside it isn't as smooth/sweeping as I would like and does have a slight step, although its still miles better airflow than the stock one.

Great job and that engine sounds perfect. Seems like it's running real nice.

Such a good fit, the 3VZ and the MK2.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234