Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm going 2ZZ

the corolla ecu wont talk to the clock's

What does the Corolla inlet manifold foul?

I think the throttle body sits at the wrong angle

Quote Originally Posted by paulus1066 View Post
    Hi all... New to this forum. I am doing this exact swap and was looking for info on any issues I may find with the immobiliser.

If I buy a UK spec mk3 and a UK spec corolla, would I use the 1zz engine wiring harness, 2zz ecu, transponder and chip from the key, ecu conversion harness from monkey wrench and all should be fine?? Or am I missing something??
    Paul im going to start mine in a couple of weeks if you want to come over and see whats involved

Where are you based dave?? I am competent with mechanics and have enough brains to work things out, it's just good to get a head start...

From what's been said on here though, I am best going for a celica t-sport donor car?

I am going for a power-fc ecu though.

Near Manchester Airport. T Sport is the best option but transfer all the bits out of the Celica box into the mr2 box

I think I'm still going for the corolla. My mate needs seats and I'm going aftermarket ECU.

I was hoping to get it all sorted in the next week because I want to get on a track day before I am due to go back to work! I found a local mk3 on ebay, but that sold within 24hours of being listed :( and i am going to view a corolla tomorrow!.. I don't think I will get it done in time! So... Will be sometime in July now.

I will be starting with the 2zz swap, get the car stripped, soft top removed, full roll cage installed, full polybushing and adjustable arms, flat undertray,

Then i will be ordering the turbo kit and everything I need for the fueling, PWR chargecooler, water-meth injection kit, sequential gearbox...

The list of mods my project will be getting is endless! :p I can't wait to get started! Just need to find myself a mk3 at decent money so I can get going!

You're in North Wales so Cardiff is probably a bit far. I'm tempted to sell my pair bought for a conversion. I still want to do it but i've started a new job and i've got no spare time, what spare time I do have is taken up by restoring my AE86 so this conversion is well down the pecking order.

How much are you after for the pair???

£2500 for the pair. The MR2 has a smokey engine (compression is good tho). Done just over 70k, lovely condition. Looks like it's had the hard top all its life as the roof underneath is like new. Corolla has 12 months mot, runs well, has loads of nice bits, think it'll bring a grand back in breaking (BC Racing coilovers, Rota Grids with Yokohama Parada spec 2 tyres, new upgrades brakes, carbon interior, strut brace, Subaru Impreza bucket seats).

I've also got some conversion parts, swap header, brand new Toyota MR2 selector shaft and reverse block out and a Celica ecu and key.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast