Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Celica bracket mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Celica bracket mod

someone asked me for the different mods you need to do to the celica alt bracket....i cant find the bloody thread so here it is.

Rev 1 3s-gte doesnt need any mods doing to the alternator bracket,it just fits as it is

Rev 2 3s-gte needs the red marked out area chopping off the alt bracket so it fits...

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

and rev3? (i recognise that piece of cardboard, its the backdrop to all your pics isnt it..lol..)

i dunno bout rev3,id assume its like rev2... need to check that one,yep its my special backdrop piece of cardboard,turns my totally shite camera pics into just plain shite ones.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul. that was me that was asking for the pics. So nothing needs to be chopped of the engine mount? I thought I read that too somewhere.

looking at the timing belt cover you will see a metal arm which the mount attaches to, you need to cut the end of the arm off(part that goes up to the old engine hook bit)
    my names dave......

I'm sure if I get it all together I'll understand.

Thanks guys.

ok, I held this up to the head tonight, and I clearly see where its got to be cut.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Well carried it out today. Only my second time holding an ange grinder, and I think I did a fair job. I'll get some pics uploaded soon :D

as long as your thumbs still attached then result.

Yeah all 9 digits are still attac.... oh shit!

lol... just kidding, I managed alot better than I thought I would actually.

I've put it up against the head tonight and... mwah! Well pleased!!

One question that hass sprung to mind though.. engine hangers... whats the deal here? I can't remember where it fits in etc. Are there any issues with using these alt brackets on the MR engine?

Ant

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast