Thread: Source of wide 16" tyres?

Source of wide 16" tyres?

I am trying to find some tyres for my rear alloys, and I am ideally looking at Toyo T1-R 245/35/16, but everyone that I have tried has said that they can't get them at the moment. Are there any other tyres that people would recommend (to fit on 9J alloys without stretching), or does anyone know a Toyo dealer that squirrels things away?

TiresEasy.com may have something you might be able to use. I bought some Federals and the sizes were odd, but they had them. Arrived in 2 days.

Thanks Grenade, but I think that the shipping costs from the US to the UK may just kill me :)

Try good year eagle f1 or falcon fk452 but they ware rapidly with the 2gr if you have a heavy foot.

Thanks ST - I used to use fk452 with my VR6, and found that they were ok, but not finding them in stock much either. I do like Uniroyal Rainsport 2, but I am not sure how they will cope with the 2GR. What size rims are you using at the moment and what tyre width? I was thinking about going either 225/40R16 all round (although still too much stretch for my liking on the rear), or maybe 205/40R16 on the front. If I went with Toyo TR-1 they are only just over £50 a corner delivered.

I agree, but the website, if I remember correctly- they have warehouses overseas and I thought I saw a button to select where they were shipped from. I just thought it was worth a look. If they only ship from here- yeah, no deal.

My current rims and the new ones are 17inch by 9.5 rear and 17 by 7.5 front I think I have 245/35/17 could be 30 or 40 fronts are 205 as 215 rubbed on the bottom shock pad by 35 or 40 it's to dark to see at the moment.
    Paul runs the same wheel ask him what tyre combo he has fitted.

Paula is running 9Jx16 all round. 245/35R16 on the rear and 225/40R16 on the front. It is ideally what I would like, but I just can't get hold of those rear tyres at the moment. I may just go 225/40R16 all round, and get the 245s when they are back in stock in Europe.

I asked Autobarn in Northampton (01604 644266) to find me a pair of these Toyo Proxes T1R 245x35/16 in December. They did some phoning round and had them fitted a day or two later. Bit of a journey from Coventry but not as far as Durham. You can check their website. I find them extremely helpful. Not cheap though.

Also, Google offered up this just now:
    http://www.tyremart.com/index.php?ac...ight=35&rim=16

A bit more surfing might turn up a gem.

Thanks - I have bought four 225/40R16 to go on each corner, and when I can get some 245/35R16 I will replace the rears, giving me some spare fronts (assuming I haven't made them bald by then). I'll give Autobarn a bell and see if they can get hold of some for when I get the car back.