Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blacktop Beams Swap

Wow one day with my engine and you have already done so much work. I'm so glad to have you working on this build with me, you do seem to be able to fit anything into an Mr2.

Looks like the engine mounts can be cut out of the car tomorrow..........,scary but exciting.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the engine work and I will send the mk1 harness up to you tomorrow.

Cheers Paul

Interesting stuff. That looks like a completely different engine to figure out.

Have you fitted one of these into something before Paul?

C.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    First time for me chris, of course if it was an mr2 beams engine it would be a relative formality, this Altezza Beams needs a lot of modifying.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I see. Its making for a very interesting thread tho!

:)

Yep a few interesting mods to do and a fair bit of head scratching. .. first time swaps are right up my street.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I've been a bit slow with things over the past few days as I've had to work but yesterday I managed to strip the drive shafts off the car and remove a few more bits from in the engine bay

I also managed to get the drivers side engine mount off

The point of no return :)

Good stuff.

Yeah that was the scariest bit that I've had to do so far but a good step in the build. Did you receive the mk1 engine harness from me today Paul?

Yes it's here safely, i am about to take delivery of some intake manifold adapter plates too, so there will be more progress on that soon.

Exciting stuff. I can't wait to see it, I'm thinking red would be good for the colour of the intake.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast