Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blacktop Beams Swap

My Blacktop Beams Swap

Right, Ive been a bit slow in starting this but was just trying to get the altezza completly stripped out so i could get rid of the car so sorry this is going to be very pic heavy.

After having head gasket problems i had a bit of a choice, fix my engine or put drop something els into the Mr2, this was shortly turned into a no brainer when my mate offered me his Altezza that he had wrapped round a post for £300 so after a bit of research i found out that this engine would fit so i got the car off him.

This is the engine in question.

as soon as i got the car i got to work on stripping the car down.

Intake off to give me more space to work

Rad out

Starting to make progress with the wire harness

Propshaft is off the car

Diff is out after having some issues getting to some of the bolts.

It started getting dark by the time i got to lifting the engine out but nothing was holding it in so it was really easy to get out

And touch down the engine is out the car, that was such a good feeling :-)

Engine harness finally off as it was being held on by one clip ontop of the gearbox that i couldn't get too.

Dash is out to remove the rest of the wire harness

And this is all of it, more wires than my house

Drive shafts off the car with some help form a hub puller as they were so stuck in there.

Split the gerabox and engine.

And the rear subframe and fuel pump were the last things that i needed to remove.

It took me 5 days to fully strip the car down with and after alot of messages to Paul we worked out the engine wasnt going to be as easy to fit into the car as we first thought so the engine was put onto a pallet and has been picked up today heading to Woodsport for Paul to work his magic on the engine to make it Mr2able.

This is where i am up to this point and i think Paul is going to post pics of progress with the engine at his end on this build thread too wile im stripping the mr2 and getting that ready for the swap. :-)

Cool, looking forward to more pics :D

1275gt mmmm liking that fit the 4age into that

That's my housemates toy I'm sure it's a 1275 racebuilt engine in that with strait cut gears goes well.

Funny tho I did say to him that he should put the 4age in it.

Here is a better picture for you mini lovers uploadfromtaptalk1392832233520.jpg

My Blacktop Beams Swap

Dave vizards book is must read on tuning the A series.
    But 130bhp is a no brainer in a mini even Honda vtec is a cool swop.

I had a brown pickup with 1340 on webers with straight cut gears was lots of fun.
    Last edited by snowtigger; 19-02-2014 at 17:54.

Yeah I've only been a passenger in it but it seems fun to drive and the thing is on rails.

I've been at brands and seen a mini with a Honda vtec lump and it went bloody well.

I would love a mini pickup

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Exciting stuff Ross, looking forward to getting my hands on the engine to see what we can do to make it Mk1 friendly, hopefully it will all go to plan, i will update this thread with progress when it arrives, it should help others going down the black top Beams route.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast