Thread: Value of engineless camry

Value of engineless camry

Simple question (I hope!) - how much cash did you make back from your donor camry after pullibg the engine out of it? I guess there would be a couple of cats, four alloy wheels and whatever i could get someone with a flatbed to pay for the shell. No real idea what that all adds up to though!

The shell is worth £100-£150, the alloys £80, the cat another £25, the electric antenna another £20 and so on.

Parts for them do sell, but quite slowly.

Stick a 'breaking for spares' on eBay for as long as you can be bothered having a dead cammy sat around!

Chris.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I broke my very first one for £900 12 years ago and sold every part from it within 2 weeks, since then they have been scrap value because the market is flooded with dead Camry spares.

It's kinda our own fault if you think about it.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Totally worth it though :-)

Yup. In my experience you will eventually shift all the bits of cammy, it just depends on wether you have the room and if you can be bothered looking at a scrap car for ages.

Decent body panels seem to go well, sold a few doors and wings.

C.

I give them away. The shell is gone in 2-3 hours and I fill the car with every pile of junk I can find. Free towing is how I look at it. It's a hassle to scrap a car in Ohio. so I just call a bunch of scrappers and the first one that shows up, gets it.