Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Calling a wiring guru's out there, a little help needed please.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Can you take a pic of the Acis end of the plenum and post it up please?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I shall get a pic up of it tomorrow for you . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Can you take a pic of the Acis end of the plenum and post it up please?
    I now have a feeling why you asked for this, after speaking to Patrick i drove to my parents place to double check things and realized there is an earth bolted to this which i do not have.

Tomorrow after work i shall look into where i connected this and put it in its correct place.

Les.

Yes that is why it won't run, you have fitted the earth onto the cam cover stud instead, a common homebuilder mistake, which results in your symptoms, refit the earth onto that lower left stud and it should work.

Who needs spanners.....another one fixed with my keyboard :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Stupid question (not my first) - why does that cause it not to run?

That bolt on the acis is into the plenum which is bolted to the inlet manifold so pretty much earthed through that.

So long as that wire is securely bolted to a good ground, that should work?

C.

The rear cam cover isn't earthed, it sits on a rubber gasket, with rubber washers holding the bolts down, if you think about it not one bit of the rear cover is touching the engine, the earth point on the Acis is a true ground, which is needed for the ECU to work.

Bloody hell. So practically taped up and shoved out of the way.

Thanks Paul, I genuinely didn't know that.

:)

No problem, you can use that info as your own now, help others out and pretend to be clever :)

Nice one Paul :thumbsup:. I was chatting to Les about the options on Saturday and this sounds like the solution.

The only question is why wouldn't this throw an error code or am I being a noob and missing something obvious?
    Last edited by Torero; 10-02-2014 at 08:18.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    No problem, you can use that info as your own now, help others out and pretend to be clever :)
    Damn. I'm rumbled.

Although i have never had this problem as all my 3VZ builds 'just work'. It's just 2GR's i seem to struggle with. That an putting my pants on the right way around.

c.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast