Thread: TPMS thoughts

TPMS thoughts

As my alloys are currently being refurbed, and I am getting some low profile rubber on them, I thought that I would look at a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System to go on them as low profile don't always show obvious signs of being underinflated.

I know that Paula has the Orange TMPS system fitted, and I hope to get some update onto the reliability of this system, but I wondered if anyone else has experience of an aftermarket system?

I would prefer the monitor to be in the valve rather than on the valve cap as the caps look a bit bulky then. I have seen a couple of systems that can be connected to via an android or ios app, and I quite fancy that, but can't find a supplier of the non-valve cap system in the UK.

So, any thoughts or experiences?

Paul

Think it would be possible to use an OEM kit and modify it?

I think I would have to buy a third party one as the OEM kits will feed into the ECU. I don't know if the 2GR ECU has provision for TPMS, but I wouldn't have the warning light and unless I could extract the information from the OBD2 to Torque on my android phone, I wouldn't get any visible data.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I have had to replace 3 of the 4 original sensors, so it would seem the Orange system is not that reliable, it's great when all the sensors are working though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks for the update - I will see if I can find one of the android/ios based ones, or try to find one of the valve-cap based systems that isn't too big.