Thread: 4agze intercooler questions...?

4agze intercooler questions...?

Anybody know where I can get an intercooler for the supercharged 4agze? I can understand why a stock one isn't available but I can't find an aftermarket one either... I'm looking into a universal intercooler but i don't know what size it should be. I heard there are custom intercooler setups that mount the intercooler in different places but havent seen any examples. If anyone has any info please share.

measure the space you have available and search intercoolers for different cars until you find one that fits. check the I/O pipes are facing the right way, consider having the pipes turned around by a DC tig welder .
    quick research shows MA70 supra looks like its the same pipe orientation and the same style/design as a 4agze aw11, so.. maybe take a punt on one and 'make it fit' it looks like 1.3approx times the length of a 4agze.

sorry, no knowledge of aftermarket coolers, only making what you want to have, fit.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

DC tig wont weld alloy, you need AC ;)
    a 7mgte supra intercooler is a cheap upgrade
    Last edited by Coletrane; 22-01-2014 at 10:19.

I'm thinking about an air to water cooler. because im doing a 4agze swap into a n/a mr2 I dont have the proper engine lid that seals around the stock intercooler which I also don't have. I also feel like the stock system is inefficient to begin with. I don't see much air flow happening in the back of the car so I think air to water cooling would be ideal.

you an use a Subaru or Toyota air to water intercooler

Quote Originally Posted by Coletrane View Post
    DC tig wont weld alloy, you need AC ;)
    a 7mgte supra intercooler is a cheap upgrade
    i was sure the old tigger used that!, good shout then , ta.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

i threw one away last month before i moved house, im using a golf tdi intercooler.

I'm a w2a i/c fan when it comes to aw11's..

current gte runs a st205 core, davies craig ebp and a modified a2a cooler for a heat exchanger. the whole set-up works very well.