Thread: wheel fitment gurus wanted.

wheel fitment gurus wanted.

Im putting fender flares onto my Mk1.

Those of you running the Borbets, what size are they, what offsets are you running, and what tire size are you running? Do you mind posting photos?

I am considering XXR 532 wheels. http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_532.shtml

Rear:
    16x8 0 offset, with 245/50/16 tyre in the rear, which should fit with the modified fenders But where I am hung-up is on what to do with the front...

Front:
    16x8 +20 offset, with 225/50/16 tyre... will it rub the wheel wells when I turn sharp?

Or am I thinking wrong?

Yes.

I run 16x8 ET0 on my front. I flared my arches out to A. cover them and B. clear them. I am running a 30mm drop on the front too.

Forget the dirt gaurds, they ALL need to come off for clearance, and i even had to flatten the bolt that holds on my side skirts. ET-0 will not foul the inner arches though.

One other thing, i run marginally narrower rubber than what you do... 215/45s on the front.

Wow thats a fantastic looking car.

I decided to go with
    245/45/16 on 16x8 ET0 for the rear.
    205/45/16 on 16x8 ET20 for the front.

I shouldnt have to do any modification on the front to make these fit. The rear should snug in nicely.
    I am afraid that I mounted my arches a little too high, but shmeh, no big deal. This is lowered to as low as she will go with 205/50/15 ET30

this is with a 20mm spacer. The rims I bought will poke another 30mm but I wont have them until late april because they are currently being forged.