Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Davids Mk1 1mz vvti wide arch

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Davids Mk1 1mz vvti wide arch

Recently my build threads have taken a bit of a hit, but this year i want to try and detail customers cars as much as possible, so Davids Silver Mk1b that has come in for the full Woodsport treatment is the perfect candidate to showcase exactly what we do and how a car can be brought from a poor condition right up to show standard.

The car as we got it this morning, at first glance it looks pretty good.

A full day of stripping has highlighted a few issues.... some rot on the offside sill....

And a little worse on the nearside, but totally solid everywhere else....

Some small dents pepper the car in various places, these will all be tackled with the respray.

General paint finish is poor, very orange peely from previous spray work....

It's our attention to detail that will mean the final finish will be perfect.

The windscreen is chipped in various places and will be replaced...

The car is getting my wide archs fitted, running the gorgeous Borbet As we all love and a stonking VVti 1mzfe engine swap.

How it looks after Day 1....

It will also get the TB trademark black roof.

This year our bodyshop will be back into full swing with various projects coming in.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

It will be silver with a black roof.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

well if you happily deal with cars in that condition, (no offence to the owner, we are all fighting the tin worm), then there's hope yet!
    Lovely.

Believe me, this is a really good one compared to some i've done in the past.

Work has started getting all of the dents out....

The front end is very solid and clean....

We have started the structural work on the arches, this forms the start of the support for the new wide arches....

Sadly the front bumper support bar is completely rotten..... a new one is on the way.

The basic structural front arch work has now been done, both arches trimmed to the perfect width and bonded on, temporary screws holding them in place.

The car desperately needs lowering to suit, luckily it has coilovers already.

Saw this in the flesh today, the car not me. It's coming along very nicely. Those arches really suit a mk1.

Good to see another mk1 build in the making!

This looks a cracking project. I really like some of these mk1s.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast