Thread: Toyota MR2 Roadster Article on PH

Toyota MR2 Roadster Article on PH

Quote Originally Posted by snoball View Post
    and it's only got a 5 out 10 on the PH meter ????? how ?????
    I think it's waiting for YOUR selection, and defaults to 5. It's not the general rating from everybody else. :)

And that's the same colour combination as mine, although I don't think my wheels are quite that dark and I have the facelift model.
    Last edited by Fizzy; 16-12-2013 at 19:30.

They are pretty cheap now for a fun little car - although I think some of the underlying issues of the earlier cars may be a major issue now.

I got mine for a pretty good price complete with hardtop, grey leather seats, air con and TTE exhaust and pretty low milage. Got it after driving one my brother bought back from bristol to his house - which was a nice dark grey colour with black leather seats. (the mr2, not the house ;) )

Checking things out on mine more thoroughly a while later on after a good clean showed signs of accident damage - although only cosmetic and if I really wanted to sort things out it's all bolt on panels anyway.

Had more damage from inconsiderate people in car parks since though - nasty scratch/gouge on front bumper on drivers side which has left a black line and hairline cracks in the plastic. :@ Few door dings and scuffed wing mirrors too. Being low down and small I think people often don't see them, especially from big 4x4's... :( Still, it is my runabout at the mo.

Fun to drive though, can really feel the difference compared to the monaro. A lot more chuckable, plenty of feedback and generally a lot more "sporty" feeling. If I want speed & noise I use the 'ro. :P
    Last edited by Fizzy; 16-12-2013 at 22:52.

Some of the early ones can be bought up for VERY little money, due to the engine issues. People are starting to buy them to break them....

But buying something with a blown engine is the sort of thing us TB'ers love... I'm genuinely surprised we've not had more MK3 swaps going on!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Some of the early ones can be bought up for VERY little money, due to the engine issues. People are starting to buy them to break them....

But buying something with a blown engine is the sort of thing us TB'ers love... I'm genuinely surprised we've not had more MK3 swaps going on!
    Indeed. It's a lot more difficult as a DIY job putting a more interesting engine into a Mk3 given there's some metalwork and fabrication involved - unless you fit a 2ZZ of course - which probably puts a lot of people off.

2zz - plan it right, fit it in a weekend. :thumbsup:

Some of us did V6 swaps before we had jigs and wiring excel sheets.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.