Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1UZ-FE Into a Mk2?

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    No- I'm sorry I missed it. I went back and read it- you did say that first.
    So did I and actually Goldy said it first (on this thread) :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    I thought the audi OB1 gearbox was the way forward to mount this in the mk2?
    Irrespective of who said what first, I posted the picture as I find it always helps to know what things actually look like :icon_cool:
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Agreed certianly makes it easier to see how it could work that's for sure

HAhahaha, you guys are sweet- I'm going outside to light the heaters and get to work. When I come back inside somebody clarify what I'm planning to use & why.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    No- I'm sorry I missed it. I went back and read it- you did say that first. I think I was posting faster than I was reading. So this OB1 looks like it's a good choice but I still need convincing on why not choose the silly NorthStink engine because someone has already crammed it in the bay of one.
    Aren't these two different approaches? ob1 is for a longitudinal mount, the northstar would be a good candidate for the transverse mount. If 1uz I would say longitudinal, adapter plate and an audi transaxle. Any of these v8's should fit without stretching the chassis, you just have to accept cabin intrusion (ie cut your firewall, which is what I didnt want).

As far as transverse goes, I spoke with the gentleman who had the 1uz hung in the engine bay in that configuration. He removed all accessories from the crank pulley and is planning on running them differently somehow (I was under the impression this is almost done but still a work in progress). Seems like a lot of work just to have the engine of your choice. The northstar (having choice of transaxles that bolt up) seems simpler from the start, but I think the axle thing would suck to overcome. Here's the plan on the transverse 1uz:

I'm 6'4" and fat as fuck. Cabin intrusion may be a tidgy issue.

Fuck the boot tho, i never go shopping for anything that wont fit on the wife's knee.

:)

c.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post

I'm 6'4" and fat as fuck. Cabin intrusion may be a tidgy issue.

Fuck the boot tho, i never go shopping for anything that wont fit on the wife's knee.

:)

c.
    +1 Chris if your fat then I'm taking the dark lords place behind the sheep! Don't be so hard on yourself!

More to the point, less self loathing from everyone, more reality planning :)

Last edited by cdwood2010; 14-12-2013 at 18:43. Reason: more car

I'd love to have a crack at this one day, aside from my current v6 project the only other engine conversion I've completed is a gti6 lump in a Peugeot 205 so I think a v8 would be a nice challenge.

I too have thought about this in the past, however this discussion is proving most useful I will admit. I would love to do something like this

Just got out of a quick planning meeting. Here's my notes.....

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast