Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 1UZ-FE Into a Mk2?

So that combo fits perfectly without any intrusion or lengthening whatsoever....

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    I don't understand the thought process behind WANTING to cut the car to fit a V8 in there when the clear winning option is to use the Audi V8 with OB1 box that fits WITHOUT modifying the monocoque?

I am building a replica of the MC8-R. This i could not do without cutting and lengthening the car.

If I wanted to build an MR2 V8 then I would use the Audi V8 with OB1 box - absolutely no questions at all...
    Can't argue with that really. I'm quite amazed that the Audi engine & box goes in with NO cutting though...really, none at all?

The 1UZ's a lovely lump, but if you're starting from scratch it does seem a bit pointless when a decent alternative exists and has been done. Unless you are mad for keeping it all Toyota I suppose.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    On the older A4 Tdi gearbox there will be some firewall mods, but with the newer OB1 A5 gearbox it should clear the front firewall without cutting anything, there is 8" mounting difference between the old and new style transmissions.

It will always need boot panel cutting and subframe mods for the gearbox whatever route you go, but unless like Dan says you have an actual reason for needing to extend the chassis then the Audi route is the only way.

I do like the idea of keeping it all Toyota though, which is the only merit of trying a 1uz.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

It is because of all of the intelligent sense that you make, good points everyone. Precisely the reason I'm not doing it. But I do like the sound of the 1UZ with ITB's and I will at some point, have one of those engines on a stand, looking for something for it to go into. Hope everyone is having a good new year! Keep wrenching!!

Well I have purchased this engine and I'm not sellig it on as it was too good a price. However in not arguing with logic. If this can go in with minimal cutting of anything. Not worried about boot I don't care then someone post me some links up

Ok so resurfacing this as I'm about to begin the project as the warmer weather rolls in.

Has anyone any more advice or help other than the obvious 'this is a stupid idea' as I do agree i just have to try it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718