Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent builds

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    i quite like this design so will probably do them all this way from now on.

That is nice...is that 2.5 or 3inch ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Cheers Gav, it's 2.5"

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    That is nice...how long is yours 2.5 or 3inch ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Cheers Gav, it's 2.5"
    Can we keep this on topic please?

Another non build thread 2gr Mk2 leaves Woodsport....

Nothing to see here, move along.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

How long does it take you to do a 2grfe swap these days?
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

About 2-3 weeks, i like to take my time, it's possible to do it much quicker though.

Some nice feedback we got from a recent 2gr Mk2 customer, makes it all worthwhile knowing i've made someone this happy.

On the train up to Durham I, in reality, I had some ideawhat to expect. As a previous customer of Woodsport for a 3vz-fe conversion, a2gr-fe conversion would be similar, right? But how wrong could I have been!
    The results of Pauls work an hour later when at Woodsportwere simply stunning! The car was pristine, the engine and the engine bay wereimmaculate and it was hard to believe it was the same car I had dropped off afew weeks earlier.
    Turn the key in the ignition of a 3.5 litre MR2 and from themoment it fires up there are only two things that are guaranteed. The first isyou know just from the sound, that it is going to be a powerful car. The secondis that, every time you drive it, you will have a smile on your face! The onlything putting a downer on that moment was knowing I had a 270 mile trip back toLondon when I couldn’t explore the full potential of growling V6 behind my ear.
    Having filled her up with premium gasoline (defiantlyrecommended!) I joined the A1 ready to settle into the running in stage. At a cruising speed of 65mph she ate up themiles effortlessly, refined and relatively quiet, a general nice place tobe.
    Then you go for an overtake.MY GOD! Drop to 4th gear and bury that right hand pedal and the noise! Thetorque! The acceleration!…. One word… Beautiful! In the words of Jeremy Clarkson,‘you turn the big thing in the middle to make it turn, you push the middlepedal to slow it down and you push the right hand pedal to make more noise! Andwhat a noise!
    … Well that was a few months ago now and I’m pleased to sayshe still puts a smile on my face every time I drive her. If anything, an evenbigger one as she’s now fully run in and I can now unleash her full potential.Where better to do this than at Brands Hatch. To see the look on the face of a944 driver in his dedicated track car as he gets lapped by a 20 year oldToyota. To be able to out drag XXR’s and M3’s. This engine is a brute! And Iabsolutelylove it!
    Last but not least to sum up Paul…
    I truly believe there are three types of people in theworld:
    1.The type that when a challenge is thrown at themjust walk away.
    2.The type that will take on a challenge and failhopelessly on so many occasions they just end up giving up, but hay they had ago… (this is me!)
    3.And then there’s Paul. A person who seems toconquer any challenge thrown at him and just for good measure, makes it alittle better.
    Paul, you’re a legend. Big thanks for all your hard work andI will no doubt be seeing you shortly for a supercharger as I have officiallynow managed to ‘Tame the Beast’!
    All the best, and keep up the good work!
    William

I see a supercharger in his future, he like me was bowled over by this engine then you get used to it sort of and want that little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I see a supercharger in his future, he like me was bowled over by this engine then you get used to it sort of and want that little bit more.
    I don't feel like that yet. When i did a car limits day I learned that if in 2nd gear, even on dry tarmac, using WOT when all 4 wheels aren't pointing in the same direction - the torque will break loose the rears and turn the car round.
    There have been a number of completely unintentional wheelspins and shimmies if there is any moisture on the road.
    You have to be on your toes when you want to go from A to B quickly as it can bite the unexpecting.

The "Toyota only" track day is coming up in a week or so - I suspect will be well attended by a good number of turbo owners (Andy Ayres is also going in his 2gr mk3) - I am very much looking forward to it. Not only because I'm learning better what this beastie can do, but also for the smile-off-face wiping abilities.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast