Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MK1 V6 Conversion - Project Mini-Me

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    If you're exhaust is restrictive then that's not a bad result, got any pics of that?

We usually see around the 270bhp region on the Camry 1mz with TRD SC, so yes you do have a little more to go, but we never needed to fit WI to achieve that.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    If you're exhaust is restrictive then that's not a bad result, got any pics of that?

We usually see around the 270bhp region on the Camry 1mz with TRD SC, so yes you do have a little more to go, but we never needed to fit WI to achieve that.
    The exhaust merge is more of a T shape than a Y so I'm thinking that's where it's being held back, I don't have any pics of it as it really ain't pretty. The water meth injection is more as a precaution as Patrick mentioned the engine was struggling with set so they ran a richer map to play it safe

edited to add.
    not sure if i mentioned paul that the trd charger is running a smaller 2.9" pulley making 5.5psi
    Last edited by Angpozzuto; 28-02-2018 at 20:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Just be careful not to take too much material off, there isn't a massive amount you can remove from there. I think 4V6 did a comprehensive thread on 3VZ head work if they're still available on here.

Found this but no pictures to go with the text :-(
    http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...ta-V6-3vz-fe.&

today's the day, my cars bodywork is finally finished :yahoo: . its been a long time coming and now i have a car that'll actually be show worthy and a little bit of extra oomph.
    here's the latest pic of the old girl with some freshly polished paintwork.
    image by angelo pozzuto, on Flickr
    but there's just one catch. i have to wait till friday for her to be delivered home. i can't wai

it's been a busy old summer so I guess it's time for an update.
    since she came home from her winter makeover she has been thoroughly enjoyed, has attended loads of runs, a few shows and her first trackday and behaved almost faultlessly throughout.
    her first outing of the year was interesting.
    Untitled by angelo pozzuto, on Flickr
    about time we have a proper shiny car pic
    out again with a few of her friends
    (please excuse my "photographers" fingers :laughing )
    another car playdate at one of my favourite places
    another shiny car pic with my glamorous assisstant
    just a random pic i like
    as i mentioned earlier the car was almost perfect all year, i managed to break a front arb mount on the final kent run of the year. Time for patrick to come to the rescue. again
    the old girl's last outing of the year was a trip to snetterton for our first trackday, there was a bit of preparation required beforehand. brake fluid was drained and refilled with dot5.1 fluid brake pads checked and i was confident they had enough life left in them, rear tyres were a bit of a concern though. they had about 2mm of tread left and i didn't think they'd last a whole trackday and get me home legally so a new set of AD08R's were ordered.
    on track she was faultless not a single issue all day. the biggest issue i had was burning through fuel at 12.5mpg on track and the tiny mk1 fuel tank :facepalm:.

it's been a great year spent together and she's earnt a good rest over winter while i decide what mods i plan on making next year.

sorry for the long post guys :th:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345