Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk2 6 speed gearbox

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Woodsport Mk2 6 speed gearbox

Ok so you know we have been working hard on making this 6 speed a reality for Mk2 V6 and 3s-gte owners, well we are not far away now from full completion.

Our test car is MRV6's 2GR-FE Mk2 that we converted a few years ago, previously fitted with a E153.

All of the hurdles that needed to be worked out to achieve this are just about done, with help from others in various areas, Oteck for information on the speedo cogs and Marc for the starter flange and stub axle solution., i could not have done this without help from them.

I have just finished the gearbox mounts themselves and will have the gear selector cable and holder sorted soon.

At this stage we have confirmed everything fits without modification to the chassis, a quick teaser pic of the worlds first 2gr 6 speed installed...this was taken just prior to the engine mounts being made.

Further updates will appear here when they happen.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Ok so you know we have been working hard on making this 6 speed a reality for Mk2 V6 and 3s-gte owners, well we are not far away now from full completion.
    Well slap my thigh, where the hell did come from. A six speed you say?

I don't know what you were worried about I knew it would fit fine . Best get a new tape measure mate, that old one didn't work very good. It obviously wasn't our eyesight.

Very nice looks like it fits a treat, can't wait for the shake down tests and the feedback from who ever drives this out of Paul's garage down the road and into mrv6 garage, were it will only be used in 2 of those gears 1st and reverse.

It would be interesting to find out the mpg figures from both Paul's mk1 and the mk2 to see if the mk1 being a bit liter than the mk2 but the mk2 being more aerodynamic than the mk1 if there's a noticeable difference?

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    can't wait for the shake down tests and the feedback from who ever drives this out of Paul's garage down the road and into mrv6 garage, were it will only be used in 2 of those gears 1st and reverse.

but the mk2 being more aerodynamic than the mk1 if there's a noticeable difference?
    We'll have to wait for someone to get the gearbox oil warm before we'll find out.
    Last edited by Torero; 01-12-2013 at 16:07.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Very nice looks like it fits a treat, can't wait for the shake down tests and the feedback from who ever drives this out of Paul's garage down the road and into mrv6 garage, were it will only be used in 2 of those gears 1st and reverse.
    I might go back via asda so should get into fourth gear.

It would be interesting to find out the mpg figures from both Paul's mk1 and the mk2 to see if the mk1 being a bit liter than the mk2 but the mk2 being more aerodynamic than the mk1 if there's a noticeable difference?
    The mk1 won't be lighter with you in it Tiggs.

I saw this happening, and i can confirm that Paul's work is of a very high standard.

Last edited by cdwood2010; 01-12-2013 at 19:06. Reason: Splint!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I nearly filled my huggies up there.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That went clean over my head.

Can I borrow your ladder please?

Wobbly as fuck.

And the stepladder was none too clever either.

:/

Would have made a mess in your tights.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast