thread: Rear torque mount construction

Oct 2005
    Newport, South Wales
    Eeeelp!

So far so good...

But then on point 4 you say something along the lines of take this bit turn upside down see if it looks OK and tack it on. Problem is I don't know what's OK and what isn't at this point. Where should I glue the damn thing on? I presume it's parrallel with the plate? An then ther'es left and right, 'n' up and down...

Eeelp.

Any help muchly appreciated.

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    owen thats where it goes....BUT! it has to be assembled with the engine in the car,the position of that bracket dictates the rotation that the engine sits at,2mm up or down on that bracket will have a radical effect on how the engine sits.

Get the engine in and hanging,then bolt the rubber block bit to that bracket,put the mk1 top piece onto the mount and get it all sitting how you want it with the correct engine rotation,then stick a few tack welds on stuff to hold it in place...remove the whole mount and seam weld the fecker up,apply paint,sorted.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    i should add that when you remove the bottom bolt of those three on the front face and the "upside down bracket" is welded on over the top of it you will need to drill a hole so that the bolt can go back through the whole job.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Oct 2005
    Newport, South Wales
    Ah-ha, perfic, thanks capt'n. Methought you put that bit on first then used the bit that bolts to the MK1 to sort out position, doh!

I presume you then drill through from the back of the new mount to make the hole for the lowest of the 3 bolts?

Thanks for the template BTW, saved a lot of time for sure! Though my gearbox must be "special" as the bottom hole didn't line up... :blush:

High-ho, high ho, it's a 3sgte puttinin I go...

Cheers chaps,

Owen.

Oct 2005
    Newport, South Wales
    Ah sod it, you answered the question before I'd even posted it, damn clever Mr Woods. You win a prize if you can guess what I'm thinking now...

O.S.

Mar 2005
    You win a prize if you can guess what I'm thinking now...
    Does it involve au pairs,whipped cream and handcuffs?

Not sure why the bottom hole doesnt line up? i maybe measured wrong.... just ream it out to a bigger hole anyway,the new hole you drill in the USD bracket will be in the right location.....i hope you are welding a bit of tube in that gap between bracket and box mr marksman!