Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Clutch Is getting no pressure

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    so i would put brake fluid inside the container and it will pump it into the system?

Yes, these devices all achieve the same thing; forcing fluid uphill into the system.

Air generally rises, so bleeding it backwards actually makes more sense.

C.

Thanks A lot, I appreciate everybodys comments, I will try this first thing tomorrow morning.
    I bled the brakes and the clutch grabbed a little bit more pressure......does anybody else but me find that odd?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I use the above tool for bleeding Mr2 clutches and it works perfectly, takes around 30secs to do.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by FullSlick_MotorSports View Post
    I bled the brakes and the clutch grabbed a little bit more pressure......does anybody else but me find that odd?
    It's like there's a conspiracy.

Seriously though, we have had people on here spent literally days trying to bleed a clutch.

They're a bugger if you're not familiar with them.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    It's like there's a conspiracy.

Seriously though, we have had people on here spent literally days trying to bleed a clutch.

They're a bugger if you're not familiar with them.

C.
    Always Loved the Stylish MR2 but couldnt afford one, So in NY...Hondas are the things til my civic was stolen. Took my income tax return and bought me a MR2. So Now im getting around it. Saw the V6 swap and bought it. Just slowly in the process but for now i need my motor to run as healthy as she can. Found And Bought My Toyota service manual For my 92 MR2, had it taken apart, copied and laminated. I will post it all up incase anybody wants to use it for future refrence

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I use the above tool for bleeding Mr2 clutches and it works perfectly, takes around 30secs to do.
    even if the slave cylinder was open to the atmosphere for more than 3 days?
    Thats good to hear, hopefully it works out for me
    If the clutch was pressed while the slave cylinder was disconnected/opened, would that have a affect on it? being that the push rod isnt being placed back in its location from the fluids return. so technically it would be stuck out instead of returning to its original position

Aha, interesting. You might have dislodged the seal in the slave cylinder. So when you press the pedal it shifts around the piston rather than actually pushing it. Can't remember if there's two seals, inner and outer.

It might be worth taking the slave off and inspecting it, just in case. That way you know you're hot to trot. Or not. :)

C.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Aha, interesting. You might have dislodged the seal in the slave cylinder. So when you press the pedal it shifts around the piston rather than actually pushing it. Can't remember if there's two seals, inner and outer.

It might be worth taking the slave off and inspecting it, just in case. That way you know you're hot to trot. Or not. :)

C.
    ok so today, i bench bled the clutch master cylinder but it isnt as stiff/strong/ or pressured as a master brake cylinder.....is it suppose to be like that or are they both suppose to have the same pressure.
    aside from that, i still bled the bloody hail out of it........no problems there but it felt more softer than i usual feel it should be or my mind is playing tricks on me.
    cant do nothing about bleeding it in reverse since the tool hasnt arrived, but the transmission fork isnt moving at all.......

if im correct, this will cause the ABS light to come on if you aren't a lucky person being that ABS does the pushing and doesn't like the return. You will simply bleed the brakes but send all the micro pieces of the master cylinder push rod seals to clogged a car equipped with ABS.

i could be wrong but that how I would see it theoretically

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast