Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Clutch Is getting no pressure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Clutch Is getting no pressure

I took out my motor and switched every seal and gasket for it. ( 254k Miles )
    Put in a New Fidanza Flywheel ( got it for cheap ) Part #:130901
    Put in a New Exedy Clutch Kit ( Rockauto.com ) Part # 16073

everything installed without a problem, installed the motor with transmission. Motor turns on beautifully but now my Clutch isnt getting no pressure. My friend and I bled the clutch for a hour straight. No luck. it took us 4 days after taking it out to install it back in the bay.
    he tried using a vacuum ( no luck )
    Clutch feels like there is no pressure plate.
    Any comment would be appreciated it. you can also reach me at FullSlick_Motorsports@ AolDotCom

Before we drop the engine, Clutch had perfect Pressured. Now nothing

Hello and welcome to TwoBrutal! Most people start with an introduction though ;)

What car / engine / gearbox have you?
    If you press the clutch pedal down, is the slave cylinder moving? They are a bugger to bleed.

c.

no movement

1992 Toyota MR2, i Apologize about that......

Quote Originally Posted by FullSlick_MotorSports View Post
    1992 Toyota MR2, i Apologize about that......
    N/a, turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2karl_tbar View Post
    N/a, turbo?
    The MR2 is a N/A

No problem my friend, this isn't 'that kind' of forum, you will find us quite easy to get on with and willing to help.

Either the seals have gone in your master or slave (unlikely), or you still have air in the system (very bloody likely!).

Don't bother taking the engine out for starters! It's worth having a look at the one man bleed kits, or (if you're a bit tasty with making things) make one that pressurises the master cylinder from the tyre valve.

http://tinyurl.com/q7t3aur

One of these kits will force fluid under pressure and drive out the air. Air compresses very well of course, so it doesnt take much to cause a problem.

You can also try bleeding it backwards:-

Hope this helps, shout back and let us know how you get on.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    No problem my friend, this isn't 'that kind' of forum, you will find us quite easy to get on with and willing to help.

Either the seals have gone in your master or slave (unlikely), or you still have air in the system (very bloody likely!).

Don't bother taking the engine out for starters! It's worth having a look at the one man bleed kits, or (if you're a bit tasty with making things) make one that pressurises the master cylinder from the tyre valve.

http://tinyurl.com/q7t3aur

One of these kits will force fluid under pressure and drive out the air. Air compresses very well of course, so it doesnt take much to cause a problem.

You can also try bleeding it backwards:-

Hope this helps, shout back and let us know how you get on.

Chris.
    Thanks a lot, just purchased a oil pumper.....will try anything at this point. i appreciate your time and concern

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post

Chris.
    funny you should say that....I just swapped the slave on my mates standard g ltd....was original, couldn't get it to bleed as the master was gone too:(

but that would be a freak occurrence at best...

or get your air compressor running with a dust gun...and push the fluid through the system(use a very low pressure as you will pop the lid off the ...(there is a vent under the cap at the centre you can put the air in...just don't let the tide get to low...gets most of the hard stuff done)
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Don't shoot the messenger!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast