Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: JB's V6 build

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    Stop being a sissy Alan. It's perfectly driveable in this weather
    It's not the rain etc.
    just wash it regularly to keep any salt off.
    this is the issue, I don't do car washing,
    If you want to track it look at getting a dedicated Motorsport seat with floor mounted rails then just swap it in when required it's only a 30 minute job
    Yeah may have to get a bucket seat & see if I can get it lower enough

It's hardly car washing its 10-15 minutes every couple of weeks with a pressure washer

I dislike washing cars too...but we don't salt our roads:)
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

I put MX-5 (MK2) seats in mine give about another 1 1/2 - 2" of head room not to hard to fit either, just needed some adaptor brackets made to fit the original mounting points.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Smell View Post
    I put MX-5 (MK2) seats in mine give about another 1 1/2 - 2" of head room not to hard to fit either, just needed some adaptor brackets made to fit the original mounting points.
    Did you use original MK1 runners or complete custom, Pistol Pete mentioned that MK2's also sit lower.

You can pop down and try one of my gen7 celica seats on mk2 rails in it if you want Alan, there not doing much at the minute

MX-5 modified runners with custom mounting brackets (bit of box section cut to suit and new bolts)

Spent yesterday with a concrete breaker breaking up the old conservatory base along with a couple of runs to the tip, got up this morning totally fubar'd, I sometimes forget I'm not 30 anymore & I can't recover as quick as I used to. So decided today would be an easy day, went out for breakfast, pottered around clearing a few more things up then decided I wanted something car'sy to do. So I read Paul's instructions on how to instal the LSD in a S54, then read it again & finally for good measure went through it again. Figured that up until the point of trying to remove the bearings from the LSD I can't really screw too much up!

Tablet in hand into the workshop, lifted the box onto the bench, undid the first bolt & tapped it out, little barstool didn't want to come but I persuaded it in the end, next was to cet the selector off the rod, instructions said these would be easy or difficult, yep you know which I got, also said heat would help, stood on blowtorch last weekend so that wasn't going to help.

Eventually it came, didn't have a BFOS but had a 36mm socket & a 3ft breaker bar & I then ended up with

Next was to get the remove the 12mm bolt from the selector fork and use a puller to pull the 5th gear synchro hub assembly off, this is where is started to go wrong, I thought I had a piece of 6mm plate laying around, but I tidied the workshop the other weekend & can't find it. Made one out of 3mm plate but it wan't strong enough & ended up bending, so put the box back under the shelves & will have another go some other time once I've obtained a more substantial puller.

On a good note though I did undo the 5th driven gear with an electric impact driver which was quite impressive.

I've a puller I made for the job you can borrow Alan, its a plate that screws into the hub with a big bolt through the centre that winds it off

You about Wednesday evening unless you're passing before then?