Thread: JB's V6 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JB's V6 build

Well I am now breaking my 2nd Camry since I found the first engine needed more money input than I hoped. For those who need to know about the costs I paid 650 for the first and got back about 800. The second was 450 and I have sold 500 worth of parts so far but probably should make 800 again. I believe Paul bought his for 100 and made 900 :x
    Having no pit or ramp I was a bit concerned when I started about removing an engine etc given the slope of my drive, but actually its not been too bad.

The exhaust downpipes come off the manifolds easily but not the rest of the exhaust when you are lying under it so off in one. Bit big for the Mk1 but getting rid off all those tortuous pipes and boxes should free up some HP

Once you have removed the millions of pipes the engine comes out quite easily especially if you remove the top crossmember and battery tray, 2mins with hacksaw. Engine then can be lifted 6" instead of 2ft which helps if doing it under a garage door

What a lovely lump
    Next is off with auto box and on with Fidanza flywheel, GT4clutch and E153 gearbox and Paul's your uncle a 3.0 litre V6 manual

Last edited by Paul Woods; 27-05-2006 at 15:40.

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials