Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel sizes for a mk2

You need to send me one of those front bumpers. That's what you need to do.

Preferably in black!

I've no idea why, maybe it's the colour or the whole look of the car, but it looks do much better than the uk spec ones......

It looks like we have the same bumpers in the UK and the US. This one, just doesn't have the fog/driving lights in it. This is how they all were sold in the US. Either with fogs, or without. This car does however have "clear corners" or clear indicator lights on it.

Here's the front of the car I did, and I put a full body kit on it. It's called the F355 Kit, you can get them on Fleabay.

I used clear corner lights and a new aluminum (AL-YOU-Min-eee-UM) [not alooominem as we say] radiator so it would look real clean behind the mesh grille.

I have gotten off topic- I still don't know what size rims to buy!

This is what I'm getting for this build. You can buy only the front bumper or the whole kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-1995-To...68a854&vxp=mtr

Terribly sorry for hijacking the wheel sizes thread for an MK2-

Carry on mate all info is welcomed!

I found this data regarding MR2 wheels:
    The stock wheels on the 91/92 models were 14" x 6" fronts and 14" x 7" rears, with a 45mm offset. Tires sizes were 195/60 front and 205/60 rear. Tires were V rated on Turbo models and H rated on non-turbo models. On the 1993+ models wheels were enlarged to 15" x 6" front and 15" x 7" rear, again with a 45mm offset. Tires were 195/55 front and 225/50 rear.

Owners often upgrade to 17" wheels, generally 17 x 7 front and 17 x 8 rear. Tires for the front typically don’t usually get any larger than 225, because of tire rubbing issues. Fender flares and smaller offsets with allow you to use larger wheels and tires. Rears can get as large as 255. Common tire combinations on 17-inch wheels are 215/45 front and 235/40 rear. The rear tires will be slightly larger than the stock 14-inch wheel/tire combination, so the speedometer will read slightly conservatively.

Many 91/92 owners upgrade to the 93 spec wheels, and often go with 205/50 front and 225/50 rear tires. This combination offers a good compromise between grip and cornering and comfort over bumpy roads.

For 1993, the lug nuts front and rear were lengthened slightly- between five and ten millimeters.

Lug nut pattern for the MkII is 5-on-114.3 mm. If you think that’s a bit peculiar as a size, its because it is a Ford bolt pattern converted to metric.

Not sure if that helps me much, since the wheels I had were 18's and widths were 265 rear and 215 fronts.

I've more or less chosen the style I want for the cars development. I'm looking at Abflug arches and a nice big set of wheels. I want to keep the bolted on look of the arches.

Wheels either; Work Emotion CR-2P

Or Works Emotion cr

I'm looking at a 18 x 9 up front and a 18 x 10/11 on the rear. The arches roughly add 50mm any advice from the wheel gurus on offsets, on the two piece rims I can have a custom offset.

Fit arches then go get a tape measure out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12