Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: MST Engineer BEAMS 1.5 Swap

most mk1 turbo guy fit the mk2 turbo back box, bit of welding and cutting should see it fit ok, some tend to drone though at 70mph when not hooked up to a turbo motor like us v6 guys have found out,

best to rip that sucka of and build some thing out of other peoples exhausts ive allways fancied the tvr sagaris side exiting exhaust just trying to find one is a pain.

Ya my plan is to weld my own stainless 2.25 exhaust and include a metallic core cat and resonator to keep the drone to a minimum. Also just bought some st165 calipers for the front so thats in the works to. Its going to be a long winter waiting for the first track day in the spring.

Got a great deal on a set of st165 front calipers for $80 shipped. Now I just need to find some mk2 rears for a reasonable price. Decided to go with 22v but with a renault rotor. Now just need to find someone to ship rotors from the UK for less than an arm and leg.

That's a great thread. Easy to follow and lots of pics & video. Just the way I like 'em! We used to ride mountain bikes up in Pinckney MI back in the middle 90's. Nice place. Cool MK1 too. Nice work!

The weather isn't working with me with a very chilly garage at 10degF outside. Got the tiny heater out and got some work done. Got the fuel gauge removed and all of the underpan bolts drilled out and tapped for 1/4-20 stainless hardware. Few loose ends to tie up but ready for the road now. Just need the weather to agree with me.

Temperature got above 40 yesterday so I jumped at the chance to take the MR2 to work. Had to shovel 1ft of snow out of the driveway to get it out but it was worth it. Had the stock wheels with crappy tire on since the summers are in storage. Holy crap wheel spin everywhere are any time but I guess damp roads at near freezing temps with old $40 tire will do that. Overall really pleased with the car and can't wait for summer trackdays with the big Potenza RE11A's. Also need to fab up an exhaust because holy crap this stock exhaust sounds like crap and performs like it to. Got the car on the scales at work and got decent numbers.

LF=507 RF=538
    LR=695 RR=648

Total= 2388 with 3/4 tank of gas
    F/R ratio = 44/56 which is close to the 45/55 that I would like

Plan on getting some GoPro videos next week :)

Weather hasnt been working with me. Got one day above freezing and now just hovering arround -20C.

Have been trying not to drive the car much because of the tiny stock exhaust. Ordered everything I need to make a 2.5" system. Excited to do some welding this weekend.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast