Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MST Engineer BEAMS 1.5 Swap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just fixed some issues with the Subaru so the swap for the MR2 starts this week :)

Also looks like Im going to need to reroute the throttle cable to get a few extra inches out of it. Any tips on where to reroute it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

have you tried going over the top of the cross member instead of under it? normally gains you a little extra.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Spent a few hours on it tonight and got the engine out, didnt even have to remove the intake manifold or the distributor. Now the engine bay just needs a good cleaning before putting in the new engine. I will have to mess around with the throttle cable to see how much length I can get.

that bay needs a good clean! then take the obligatory TB pic of you standing IN the bay. :icon_biggrin:

Going well!

Have you got the OEM air intake for the Beams? They're super sensitive to intakes and a lot of aftermarket ones will give you jit. Also it's a shame you're not going standalone as supposedly you can squeeze another 10% or so out of the beams.

No it has a short ram that is the same diameter as the stock piping. MR220V had it in his car before and didn't have any problems. Any ideas on how to remove the yellow waxy stuff? Previous owner said it was a rust preventer from the factory. Doesn't come of with engine degreaser, guess I need to get in there with a scraper and some green scrub pads.

I'd have said a bit of petrol, but as you're US based, the probably have some oddball law against it?

Well I was removing the fuel line that goes to the stock fuel filter and not thinking just tried to wrench it off without holding the other line side. Now the hard line that is on top of the tank has a nasty crimp in it. After dropping the tank I confirmed my fears that this line is all one assembly with pump lid. Any ideas on ways to salvage it without replacing the entire assembly?

On top of that there was almost a full tank of gas because I had no plans on dropping it.

Cut it back, flare it, use a piece of braided pipe?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast