Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: MST Engineer BEAMS 1.5 Swap

Quote Originally Posted by MST Engineer View Post
    Car broke the passenger side engine mount at the last trackday of last season and boiled the brake fluid. Planned upgrades for this season are an S54 with lightwieght flywheel, celica alltrac front brakes and 93 turbo rears. Should make it quite a bit more capable for the track.
    I ran the ST185 fronts with turbo rears; 280mm discs all round and the stopping was amazing, If you're running 17" wheels, grab a set of 205GT fronts for even greater stopping power.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Now just need to find someone to ship rotors from the UK for less than an arm and leg.
    Did you ever find someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Did you ever find someone?
    Decided to use 87 mk1 rotors with a space underneath.

Currently running mk3 15in wheels and plan on upgrading to 15x8 wheels to keep wieght low. Dont need st205 stopping power unless I switch to 3sgte. Also plan on removing stock brake valve and installing manual on and upping the MC to 1in 4runner unit.

Started working on the brakes this weekend and made some good progress. Got the master cylinder and the proportioning valve swapped out amd the ST165 brakes and mk1b EBC rotors. Sadly when I went to install the EBC yellowstuff pads I found out that EBC only has ST185 pads. Because of this Im working to exchange the EBCs with some Carbotech AX6s since they are one of few companies that have both the pads I need. Also found some 93+ turbo rears finally which are really hard to find in the states. Talk about some serious improvement in rear heat retention:)

Also found some 93+ turbo rears finally which are really hard to find in the states. ]
    If you need a hand sourcing from the UK, just hollar!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789