Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mapping a 2gr ECU

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I may have found a local guy who claims he can map both 2 plug and 5 plug 2gr-fe Toyota ECU's, i will be amazed if he can do it, he seems fairly confident, this would be a massive deal if he can as it will mean we can raise RPM limits for a start.

I'll keep you updated.
    Just out of interest, when will you be meeting this chap?

I'm currently wondering whether to end my ebay auction of my racelogic TC or not...
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

I would hang on to it for now nick.

You can always put it up for sale again later, but if you've sold it by then you will be jumping!

C.

it has to be possible, Cobb had it figured out at some point but i believe they got sued into quietness. but who knows what this guy knows. I can't wait to hear the results.

Agreed Chris, I think I'll pull the auction for now. I'd love to find a way to use it again, it's a brilliant piece of kit.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Sorry chaps, not doable, he did give me an explanation but i've forgotten the technical reason, but it was basically impossible.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sorry chaps, not doable, he did give me an explanation but i've forgotten the technical reason, but it was basically impossible.
    Did it have anything to do with you trying be noddy? Damn!!

It would be interesting to know why Toyota have their ECU's so locked out. It's the total opposite with some other manufacturers where a remap is such an easy thing to carry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It would be interesting to know why Toyota have their ECU's so locked out. It's the total opposite with some other manufacturers where a remap is such an easy thing to carry out.
    from what i understand it isn't just locked down, but when someone does find a hole in the programming they get sued into silence from Mr T.

Toyota built their brand around reliability and by preventing anyone from doing things that make them unreliable, they keep up that brand.

My understanding was the Toyota version 2GR-FE ECU was fundamentally "locked" because (and this is my laymans understanding) they use ROM, where as mappable OEM ECU's use EPROM or similar whihc means they can be updated periodically by the dealer / OEM.

For Lotus applications, they used their own (or heavily modified variant of Toyota's) ECU that can be mapped. For example, a (small) number of companies now offer mapping / flashing services (ooooohhh) for Lotus-equipped cars..

http://www.boefabrication.com/index....old-fire-ev300

If you could get a Evora ECU to work, then it should be mappable..

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes he confirmed the Evora Ecu is mappable, but that comes with immobiliser headaches, effectively you need to find an Evora breaking.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast