Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mapping a 2gr ECU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Mapping a 2gr ECU

I may have found a local guy who claims he can map both 2 plug and 5 plug 2gr-fe Toyota ECU's, i will be amazed if he can do it, he seems fairly confident, this would be a massive deal if he can as it will mean we can raise RPM limits for a start.

I'll keep you updated.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

You may mop your brow with the handkercheif of understatement.... it would be a massive deal if he can do it.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Would this also involve removing the immobiliser?
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyra View Post
    Would this also involve removing the immobiliser?
    One would certainly assume so. Even if the unit is flashed then it would it would remove he immobiliser programming

Paul the mod gods are listening and may b answering our prayers on this one

sod that, you need launch control!

Be nice if he could, the rev limit is the ONLY problem with the conversion in that you hit it so fast!

I agree I hit it launching hard in first gear then it bogs in 2nd it's stupidly low maybe 7000 would be ok as 6250/6500 seems a tad low.

I think I need a turbo to kick in boost in 2nd or 3rd.

I have no idea if he can remove the immobiliser, i will ask, that may be on a part of the board he cannot access.

All sounds nice having a higher rev limit.. but what type of valve shims does the 2gr have ?
    I know the 3vz has the old fashioned coin type shims that go on top of buckets. .
    And I have read some folks in the states that raised the rev limits had the shims fly out and wedge between cams..
    Recipe for disaster on the 3vz. But they've got around it by fitting 3sgte shims as those are under bucket shims rather than over bucket...
    I'm guessing the 3vz shims will be similar to these..
    Also whats the fueling like when u get past the stock limit? Will it not cause any starvation? And actually decrease power at top end.. ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast