Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 3VZ-fe V6 Conversion

Mk1 3VZ-fe V6 Conversion

After a bit of confirmation if someone can help...

Doing a Mk1 3VZ V6 conversion, and I *believe* a Rev 2 gearbox and shafts works, but would a Rev 3 gearbox and shafts be suitable or are they different?

Or would Rev 2 shafts fit in a rev 3 box?

Similar but hoping for a definite answer before I get it hung in the bay. :-P

A small difference could be a pain and show stopper...

are we talking na gearbox or turbo?

they should all fit rev1 upwards Toyota didn't reinvent the wheel on the gearboxs, just turbos with and with out lsd can be a pain as theres some differences with the shafts length of splines, but nothings insurmountable as paul has pretty much nailed every kind of gearbox/shaft combo together in the past.

Well from my understanding reading through stuff the Rev2 shafts are the best. On the original mk1 3vzfe that Mr Woods carried out (aka project "Lilly") he used gt4 ones but there are differences between rev1 and rev2 ones.

While on that topic it's kinda scary the extent of documentation I have found and read written by Paul. I was impressed when originally reading through mk2 stuff but now after reading through mk1 stuff as well I'm pretty convinced there should be another book in the bible, and it should go before Genesis...

And I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible being my virgin mk1 build and all... Saying that I may have read too many different stuff so may just be tying myself in knots a little. :-(

So it's quite simple.

Whatever gearbox you use, grab the driveshafts from it.

THEN we start talking....
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Ok. :-) May have gone ott on the reading and suppose trying to make it idiot proof. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_patrick View Post
    Ok. :-) May have gone ott on trying to make it idiot proof. Lol.
    Noooo you don't say plenty of idiots gave tried though.

Right, this is slowly getting closer to getting the engine finished and planted in the Mk1. (Build thread update to follow.)

I've got a Rev2 box and shafts, a Rev3 box and shafts and 2 x Rev2 hubs and shafts.

So, whats the lowdown on the best combo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast