Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3VZ-FE sound heaven

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    In a word nobody has ever thought of doing it Bri, it does sound good though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

These are diaphragm valves Bri that open when the correct pressure hits the internal diaphargm disk and forces the valve open. Can also be electronically operated with a sensor that opens at the valve correct pressure signal from the controlling device.

In this instance Paul is suggesting using the signal from the ACIS VSV.

These guys do the full kit, not cheap and I am wondering how the feck you could incorporate this into a 3VZ-FE exhaust as there's not much room there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BadlanzHPE-E...item27bf59d0f7

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    In a word nobody has ever thought of doing it Bri, it does sound good though.
    I had a discussion with Peebs about it last year at JAE and some time after we exchanged PMs, Paul, that's why I'm reasonably well clued up on it.

To my mind, seeing Ferrais all day long around where I live a custom exhaust doesn't sound quite right but with the by-pass valves on, it is so much more like the real thing and even has a super car sound of it's own when it's not trying to be a 'sound alike' if you get my meaning.
    Last edited by Torero; 10-09-2013 at 19:16.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

I wonder what the 2gr would sound like with one fitted.

Probably very similar mike.

Hi Brian

How are you keeping.
    All these gadgets are so tempting, money just keeps flowing out of the wallet, is there no end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    So is that a 355 backbox?
    No, its not the Larini backbox, that's still under a dust cover in the garage. The exhaust gases bypass the single can MR2 backbox, and just emit via a stubby bit, when I open the butterfly valve

Quote Originally Posted by kalsingh1 View Post
    Hi Brian

How are you keeping.
    All these gadgets are so tempting, money just keeps flowing out of the wallet, is there no end! lol
    I'm good Kal, thanks. Know what you mean about the money pit. Had such a blast this summer, actually I'm spending quite a few hours on my campervan, getting it back to its former gory, then storing for next summer. I guess you've finished your project now then? I've been thinking about whats' the ultimate project, eg if I decide to go the hole hog (dream car stuff)

Plenty on eBay, eg cable control: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200903406428...84.m1438.l2649

..or electric (this is very similar to the one I purchased from the US) http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-2-inch-2...3156c9&vxp=mtr

There are a few up for just $99

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast