Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3VZ-FE sound heaven

3VZ-FE sound heaven

The best is at the end (I would say that because its my 3VZ-FE V6 powered machine, with muffler bypass/cut-out valve 3/4 open). I might have even eclipsed Foxxy Stoat on this one ;-)

Nut tingling, due to the rigid Urethane engine mounts and near solid exhaust fixing.

Enjoy

B

How do you operate the valves Bri? Are they manual or auto switched with a solenoid.

I'll check out the vid when at home.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Yeah, distinctively different sound that 3VZ, sounds old school in a really good way ; )

I particularly like the link I accidentally surfed onto at the end -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNecElyOFM

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    How do you operate the valves Bri? Are they manual or auto switched with a solenoid.

Cool vid, I'd also like to know how this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post

The electronically operated valve came complete with a little stainless Y piece branch, a flange and stubby side pipe and flick switch for the dash + wiring, I have the take off branch welded to my stainless EMS Powered Y/B pipes.

You can buy the cable operated ones cheaper, like this one for USD $99, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009034064...84.m1438.l2649

but wait a minute, looks like there are some deals on the electric ones now, from CFN products who sell all the nitrous kits http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-1-2-Elec...item2ec31d3ec4

Another collection of clips for you here (need someone to film standing in the tunnel)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Sounds fantastic Bri, just a little idea, have you thought about operating the valves with the Acis VSV signal?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Sounds fantastic Bri, just a little idea, have you thought about operating the valves with the Acis VSV signal?
    Good shout Paul, I was thinking that they could be controlled electronically but didn't consider the ACIS VSV.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

The F355 screamer valve opens that way, there's a little flying saucer like thingy, with vacuum hose attached. Actually I would love that to work like that, ie open when the revs increase. Having the valve open when the revs are low sounds quite naff.

Paul, let me know if you fund a source for valves like that (ie not Ferrari ones)- these V6's sound so fantastic when the exhaust gases bypass the rear box. Am surprised you didn't try this aready

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast