Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mk1 electric power steering conversion

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes with no power the column behaves exactly like a manual column with no resistance.

I found it one of the best things i'd ever done with very big wheels etc, it made the steering effortless.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yes with no power the column behaves exactly like a manual column with no resistance.

I found it one of the best things i'd ever done with very big wheels etc, it made the steering effortless.

I have installed also quaife quick rack this is the reason I have added eps. How did you find my column?Everything is fitting underdash with no cut. The problem and the difficulty was at the very few space that was at the upper side of the column.If you look carefully to the images I have dremeled the motor chassis itself and the position sensor to take some extra space.

Your column looks good, i had to trim the heater pipes a bit, so well done on getting it to fit without trimming.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Your column looks good, i had to trim the heater pipes a bit, so well done on getting it to fit without trimming.
    I have a smaller unit in mind with the position sensor from the downside. I will check it in a yard and I will inform you if you like.

If it's size you want to focus on, try the Fiat cinquecento unit, it's tiny compared to the Vauxhall ones.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Cinqu...item2581eef1a6

By the way, i have a couple of complete Vauxhall power columns spare that are complete with control units and variable sensitivity if anyone wants to go down this route.

erm yes I would like to go down this route as previously talked about, I would probably need an idiots guide though.

If it's size you want to focus on, try the Fiat cinquecento unit, it's tiny compared to the Vauxhall ones.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Cinqu...item2581eef1a6
    Whats the disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    erm yes I would like to go down this route as previously talked about, I would probably need an idiots guide though.
    I'm with this man...

Quote Originally Posted by dimitriske30 View Post
    Whats the disadvantage?
    None really, it's just a very compact unit.

Tiggs/ Tommy, i wouldn't be selling my columns as plug and play units, you would need to do this yourself, i just don't have time i'm afraid, but i do have all of the component parts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast