Thread: 57 K&N air intake adaptation Mk1

57 K&N air intake adaptation Mk1

Hi
    I have just bought a kit intially designed to fit Corolla Avensis and Verso; I want to install it on my Mk1 2zz-ge (same engine as Corolla). I spoke to the RD men from KN; they just told me It might not work on my car since each kit is designed to fit exactly the car it is supposed to be on. So that didn't help much...
    However I was thinking installing the kit exactly as they say, since I have the space for it ,or adding an air scoop and an heat shield. In my opinion, it should work, and bringing could air cannot be wrong. What are your thoughts on that please ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I find the 2zz does not like running on aftermarket air filters, you have to be very careful with that.

The gain does not warrant the risk in my opinion, i would personally leave it as it is.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Are the risks related to too much air ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    In a way, yes, they affect the MAF sensor reading resulting in odd fuel trims.

You would be lucky to gain 2 or 3 bhp, so for me it isn't worth the trouble, that is why every 2zz Mk1 i have built uses the standard airbox.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here